As the mobile app trend continues to grow and captivate consumers, you may be wondering how you can get involved with this medium. Maybe you have the perfect idea for an app, or maybe you just know you want to develop one for your company. Either way, you’ll need to work with a mobile app developer. But, with so many to choose from, where do you start? Your needs will dictate which developer you should work with, but you can ask yourself these questions to help you narrow down your options:
- Do they have a strong portfolio? Mobile app development is like any other professional service – you want to be sure they know what they’re doing. If they haven’t posted their portfolio on their website, ask them what apps they’ve developed. Then check out their apps and reviews in the app store and/or marketplace.
- What is their testing process? Testing is a critical part of app development. Many apps fail because they release their app prematurely. Not only will those who download your app stop using it, but there is a good chance they will leave a negative review that will prevent others from downloading it.
- What is the plan for updates? All successful apps release updates, whether it’s fixing a bug or introducing a new feature. Make sure this is covered in your agreement with the developer so you can easily update your app.
- Are they technical experts? Is the developer capable of dealing with bugs? How do they approach fixing bugs? If they are unable to proactively resolve issues, you’ll want to find another developer. (You can get some insight by looking at customer reviews of other apps they’ve developed to see how timely they’ve fixed bugs found by users).
- Are they fast? This is similar to a strong portfolio, as you should probably look for this in all your business relationships. It’s especially critical for app development because your app may have an urgent issue that needs to be addressed. For example, if you have a major bug right after release, you need to take care of it pronto to save your app’s reputation.
- Do they offer marketing and promotion services? Promoting your app can make a big difference to its success. Not all developers offer this service, but it can be very valuable when they do.
Dev Links is a leading Mobile App Development Company in Dubai. We are a specialized mobile app development company offering hybrid, native, and custom mobile application development services at an affordable cost