QuickBooks Scan Manager is a tool developed by Intuit to help users attach files to their sales receipts, invoices, bills, and other transactions in the QuickBooks accounting program. The best thing about this tool is that it automatically generates balance sheet updates, packaging slips, along other business-related documents. Moreover, you can also import and classify transactions in QB Desktop with the help of this tool. However, at times, users might end up with QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working” due to this tool’s improper setup. In this blog, you will learn about all the factors that promote this error alongside the easy solutions to fix it.
Are you stuck with the “QuickBooks Has Stopped Working” error, and you need expert advice to rectify it? Give us a call on our QuickBooks Support number +1(855)-738-0359 and get immediate assistance from our experts.
Prerequisites required before stopping “QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working” error
Have a quick overview of the below-mentioned essentials that are required before fixing this error.
- Be ready with a stable internet network connection and set it to the Twain scanner.
- Ensure that you are utilizing Twain compatible scanners to scan your documents.
- Also, make sure that your scanner is not offline.
Related Post: Update Intuit Data Protect
Causes that might prompt “QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working” error
- Some issues with the installation file of QuickBooks may be responsible.
- Another reason may be corruption or damage in the QB-related files.
- The UAC settings are restricting QuickBooks Scan Manager from scanning the documents.
- If you are not using the Twain compatible scanner.
- Also, if the wireless connection of the scanner is facing some issues.
Effective solutions to resolve the “QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working” error
Solution 1: Update the User Account Settings in Windows
- At first, click the Windows Start menu and then open the Control Panel on your device.
- As a result, the Control Panel window displays on the screen, click the User Account followed by the Change User Account Control Settings”.
- After this, click Yes when you get the User account control and then toggle the slider to Never Notify.
- Now, click on the OK button to switch it off and reboot your PC.
Read More: QuickBooks Turned Black and White
Solution 2: Switch for a Wired Connection Between the Scanner and the Scan Manager
It might be possible that sometimes the wireless connection is facing some technical glitches and displaying the connection issues between the scanner and the scan manager. So, in that case, you can switch for a wired connection by attaching a cable to the scanner to get rid of the issue. After shifting to a wired connection, you need to reinstall the scanner and run the QB scan manager once again.
Solution 3: Delete a Scan Profile and Create a New One
- To begin with, ensure that you have open QB and then select the Company menu > Documents > Doc Center.
- Soon after this, select Scan a Document followed by the Old Scan file.
- Afterwards, remove the profile from the scan manager by clicking on the Delete option.
- Now, move back to the Doc Center, click Scan a Document > New, and add a new name to the profile.
- Click Continue and move further by configuring the profile settings and later on click Save.
We assure you that the solutions mentioned earlier will help you resolve the “QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working” error. For more details about this error, reach out to our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.