Most often, the users might end up with “the parameter is incorrect” error while connecting an external drive, SD card, or USB drive to Windows. Whenever this error triggers, it may stop you from accessing the drive folder path and accessing the files contained in the drives. As a result, this error may lead to your essential files and data loss. Furthermore, the users may also encounter QuickBooks Error Code 80070057- “the parameter is incorrect” error while accessing the company file. We have prepared this blog with a motive to resolve this issue asap with some quick hacks.
Are you eagerly anticipating a quick response to your QuickBooks Error Message 80070057? Without spending any time, give us a call at +1(855)-738-0359 and get the best solutions from our experts at any time.
What do you mean by “The parameter is incorrect” error?
When users connect an external drive to your PC, they may need to use File Explorer to view your files. For example, the external hard drive may become corrupted (temporary) for whatever reason, resulting in the error message “Location Drive is not accessible.”The parameter is incorrect.”
The users might discover this error occurs when a user’s request for access to a folder path fails. This error also means the user is unable to view their data on the device, as well as copy/paste and move files along a folder path. Virus infections, file system damage, malfunctioning USB connections, broken sectors in the drive, or the necessity for a thorough driver update are some of the possible causes for this issue.
Read More: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Best Alternatives to Eliminate “The Parameter is Incorrect” Error in Windows 10/11
Once you know about all the reasons behind the “the parameter is incorrect” error in Windows, you can easily fix the error. And thus, it also helps in preventing Windows Installer the parameter is incorrect error. You are supposed to perform the following solutions carefully to get rid of this issue smoothly:
Solution 1:- Run Chkdsk to Resolve Drive Errors
- In the first step, you have to prepare a backup of your data in the drive during the repair. Chkdsk may remove some of the valuable data from the bad sectors.
- After this, tap on the Start menu, type “cmd” within the search column, and hit the Enter key to open the command prompt.
- On this black screen, you have to type the following command “chkdsk drive name: /f / x /r” and then Hit the Enter key.
- The system will automatically run a complete disk scan of the drive to resolve data integrity issues. This command will check basic file structures, security descriptions, USN journals, and bad clusters in file data.
- Subsequently, relaunch your system once the scanning process is over, and you mustn’t get any problems connecting to the external drive.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error 102
Solution 2:- On your External Drive run sfc/scannow
Sfc/scannow is one of the Windows built-in tools used to repair corrupt system files. Go through the stepwise instructions listed below to access the repair settings.
- Go to the Start menu, insert “cmd” within the search field, and hit Enter key to open the command prompt.
- After this, you must put the following command “sfc/scannow/offbootdir=Drive Name: /offwindir=Drive name:\windows” into the black window that appears on your screen.
- As a result, the target drive has now been selected for the system file checking, and then you will receive a list of options.
- To end the drive’s scanning, pick the forest option that denotes: sfc /scannow. Then, give it enough time as this process may take some time and walk through four or five stages depending upon the entries you have in the external drive. The smaller USB drives and SD cards shouldn’t take enough time.
So, here we have reached the end of this post, and we hope you can now efficiently deal with “The Parameter is Incorrect” Error in Windows. However, if still, you are encountering QuickBooks Error Code 80070057, you can talk to our experts by dialing our helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.