QuickBooks Error 6190 816 usually appears on the user’s screen while attempting to open a company file or QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode. This error is mainly triggered when the users try to open the company file in single-user mode in QuickBooks. Whenever the error pops up, the following error message comes into view.
“QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi-user mode so that you can both use the company file at the same time. This file could also be located in a read-only network folder. Error Codes: (-6190, -816)”.
However, this error message implies that one must close the application on the arrival of the error. This post is embedded with all the simple hacks that are required to get away from this issue instantly.
Are you pissed off while accessing the company file due to QuickBooks Error 6190 816? If that’s the instance, then we suggest you go through the simple troubleshooting methods explained in this post. In the meanwhile, you can also connect with our experts for immediate help. For that, you can connect with our experts by dialing +1(855)-738-0359.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 strikes on your computer
Below we have listed some of the factors to provide you with a better understanding of why QuickBooks Error 6190 816 occurs.
- It could happen when a user opens a company file in single-user mode, and another user is trying to get access to the same company file.
- Using the damaged or corrupted company file may also be responsible.
- Maybe you are using the damaged.ND and .TLG files.
Know More About QuickBooks Express Web Connect Error
Solutions using which you can easily troubleshoot error code 6190 -816 in QB
Now that you are well-versed in the causes that trigger QuickBooks Error 6190 816, fix the issue by following the resolution methods listed below. Make sure that you follow all the steps carefully without skipping any single step.
Solution 1: Allocate a different name to the .TLG and .ND files
- Begin the process by opening the Windows File Manager in the first place. Further, browse the QuickBooks Installation Directory.
- Now, do research for your company file by following the directory: “C: \ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\Intuit\ QuickBooks\.”
- You have to search for the configuration files i.e .TLG and .ND files.
- Afterwards, rename both these files by adding .ADD at the end of both these file names.
- In the end, relaunch QuickBooks and try to access the company file to see if you are still receiving the same error.
Also read: QuickBooks Native Error 00008
Solution 2: Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and use Quick Fix my Program to repair QuickBooks
- Before you begin, confirm that have downloaded the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, in the download folder, double-click the QuickiBooksToolHub.exe file. After this, follow the commands given on the screen to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- You must close QuickBooks and any other open programs after installation.
- To access the QB Tool hub, double-click the desktop icon and select the Program problem tab.
- Select QuickBooks Fix My Program to restart the QuickBooks desktop application. This could take a while.
- Finally, reopen the QuickBooks company file.
With this post, we assure that the solutions described above will help you handle QuickBooks Error 6190 816 so that you can easily access the company file. However, if you are still encountering the error, then feel free to consult our experts. Dial +1(855)-738-0359.