Well, if you want to develop new skills to improve your capabilities and want to get succeed in your goal, you will need to find the right mentor who can provide you better information from their experience and encourage you to work hard to achieve your goals. One of the leading examples of a mentor is Reza Satchu who serves as Director of the Company. He is a Managing Partner and Co-Founder of Alignvest Management Corporation. Reza Satchu‘s mission is to increase Canadian prosperity and accelerate the trajectory of Canada’s most promising entrepreneurs
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way,” said John C. Maxwell, author of The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership and The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader. John C. Maxwell is an American author, speaker, and pastor who has written many books, primarily focusing on leadership. His books have sold millions of copies, with some on the New York Times Best Seller List.
What Makes A Good Mentor?
Well, indeed, a mentor is already a successful person before they become a mentor, but just being a successful individual is not enough for being a good mentor. A good mentor must have a desire to make others successful and they should be willing to share their experience along with their failure so that their mentees can learn from those experiences.
If you’re looking for a mentor then here are few things to keep in mind:
- They should have a desire to help others to improve their skills to get success in life.
- They should be ready to invest their time and energy in the mentoring relationship.
- The mentor should have great knowledge and experience in the area of work where their mentees want to succeed.
- They are willing to share their experience and also their failure with their mentees because both the experience can provide better opportunities for the success of their mentees.
- They should encourage their mentees for the importance of learning and developing new skills.
What Makes A Good Mentee?
Well, in the above part you have to understand the qualities that are required to find a good mentor. There are some attributes required to become a good mentee and that is important because a mentee must understand that their mentors are doing everything for the success of their mentees. So, it is important for being a good mentee to maintain a better mentor and mentee relationship.
Here are few things for being a good mentee:
- The mentee should be committed to expanding their capabilities.
- the mentee should be very focused and clear about their goal and they should be very clear about what they want from their mentors.
- A mentee should be open to learning and trying new skills to improve their personality because a mentor will help those who are ready to learn new skills.
- The mentee should have a constructive mind, not a destructive mind, they should be ready to accept any kind of feedback given from their mentors.
The Mentoring Relationship:
If you want to make your mentor-mentee relationship better then you should nurture that relationship first. Well, this relationship is a joint venture and both parties should be committed to care and feed that relationship. When you find a suitable mentor for your growth, try to explain to them what your goal is, how you want to achieve your goal, and tell them your weakness that you want to overcome so that they can provide you better information to deal with your problems.