Users have complained that QuickBooks turned black and white after using it for a long time. Due to that, certain boxes start appearing black on the screen. Problems with your QuickBooks application or windows operating system can lead to this issue. You also need to keep a check with your drivers as their malfunction can be one reason for this error.
Your QuickBooks turned black and white after long use? Go through the blog for an easy solution or reach out to an expert at +1(855)-738-0359, and they will fix it for you.
Reason For QuickBooks Desktop Display Issue
The problem with your QuickBooks application, Windows operating system or hardware functioning is the possible reason for the QuickBooks Display issue:-
- The screen resolution is not set correctly.
- You are using an outdated QuickBooks application.
- There is damage to your QuickBooks application.
- Video card drivers have become outdated.
- There was damage in your firmware, graphics card or system’s memory that can also cause the error.
Also Read: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Troubleshooting to Follow If QuickBooks Turned Black and White
You could follow three methods if your QuickBooks turned black and white. It involves updating video card drivers, changing the windows theme, and changing the screen resolution. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Solution 1- Updating Video Card Drivers
Due to outdated video drivers that aren’t compatible with the latest version of QuickBooks, you may experience the QB black screen issue. As a result, you can update video card drivers by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard and the Run window will appear.
- Type in dxdiag in the box and press enter on your keyboard.
- Click on Display 1 and write down its manufacturer/Model.
- Now download all the required updates.
Related Post: Quickbooks Error code 6144 82
Solution 2- Change the Windows Theme
When you install some of the downloaded themes on your system, it may affect the compatibility of your display with other programs. By changing the theme to basic, you can resolve the QB black and white screen issue.
- Right-click on your desktop and choose the Personalise option.
- Now select any basic windows themes and reboot your system.
- Now rerun your QuickBooks application and check if your error is resolved or not.
Solution 3- Change Screen Resolution
Problems with your screen resolution can also be why QuickBooks turned black and white. Follow these steps to change the screen resolution of your screen:-
- Press Windows + R key and the Run window will open up.
- Type in regedit and press enter.
- Click on the arrow icon available on the left side on the folder and follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- The value of GDIProcessHandleQuota is required to be increased from 10000 to 65535.
- After increasing the value, close the Registry Editor and restart your system.
- Switch the value back to 1000 after QuickBooks black boxes have been removed.
So now we hope you know what you need to do when QuickBooks Turned Black And White. You can also use the QuickBooks tool hub to repair damages from your application, fixing the error. Also, try to re-register your QuickBooks program file. If your error is still not resolved, reach out to an expert at +1(855)-738-0359 and they can help you fix it.