In QuickBooks, if you are working on the company file, there are high possibilities that you might incur multiple errors. One such error is QuickBooks error H505 that triggers when you attempt to switch your data file from single-user to multi-user mode. It comes along with a warning message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”. To get rid of the issue, you must check for the configuration of the multi-user hosting and resolve it. Read our blog below for a comprehensive understanding and eliminate the problem quickly.
Dial 1-888-704-1357 and speak to one of our experienced professionals to clarify your queries associated with the QuickBooks error H505.
Read more: This Company File needs to be updated
Why does the QuickBooks Company File Error H505 Arises?
In this blog, we have mentioned the top two reasons that cause the issue-
- You have not configured the hosting mode accurately on the server computer.
- There has been severe damage to the Network Data File.
What are the Top Two Troubleshooting Methods to Eliminate the Error Code H505 in QB?
Can you not find a relevant solution for rectifying the QuickBooks Desktop error H505? Have a look at the solutions given in this section of the article-
Read more: QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
SOLUTION 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub to Make Use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Begin with downloading the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and save it to an appropriate location.
- Run the file and start installing the application.
- Move forward with the prompted instructions and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is completed, run the software and go to the ‘Network Issues’ tab.
- Choose ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’, and the moment you see your company file hit on the ‘Start Scan’ option.
- Wait until the tool fixes the issue.
Read more: QuickBooks Error Ol-222
SOLUTION 2: Check for the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ Option
- Verify which workstations are facing the error H505.
- One by one, run QuickBooks Desktop on the workstations.
- Move to the ‘File’ menu and jump to ‘Utilities’.
- If you can see the ‘Host Multi-User Access’, proceed with the next workstation.
- If there is an issue with any of the workstations, you will use the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option.
- After you are done performing the procedure for all the workstations, move to the server computer.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop on the server and click on the ‘File’ menu.
- Hit ‘Utilities’, and if you are able to see the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option, click ‘Yes’.
Through this informative blog on the QuickBooks Error H505, we have conveyed the most relevant troubleshooting methods to our users. Sometimes, due to incorrect settings of the Windows firewall, you can come across the same problem. Hence, try to set up the firewall settings again. If the issue still persists, have a one-to-one conversation with our experienced team of QuickBooks Data services experts by dialing our Toll-Free 1-888-704-1357.