When using QuickBooks email, it is common to experience issues sending invoices and statements. Sometimes an invoice or statement sent via an email service provider like outlook will result in an error message “QuickBooks can’t send your emails to outlook.”
If this is also the issue you’re experiencing, we’ve compiled a list of instructions that will help you identify causes and troubleshoot this issue quickly. Follow the instructions for troubleshooting QuickBooks unable to send your invoices error here.
Reasons Someone Might Get the “Unable to Send Invoice” Error in QuickBooks
- Your email preferences aren’t set up correctly.
- You need to install QuickBooks the right way and not improperly.
- Blocked domain admin.
- Your email service provider has incorrect security settings.
- Damaged or incorrect Outlook installation
- While sending email through QuickBooks, Outlook opens in the background because it does not have to timeout
- QuickBooks runs as administrator
- .dll file has been damaged
The first step to fixing emailing issues with QuickBooks is to update the software and make sure you are using the latest version. If you continue to have problems, there may be updates available that can fix your problems. Sometimes just updating helps your business!
There are a few steps you can take in order to resolve email issues on your QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 1: Make sure that the QuickBooks application is not running as administrator
- Right click on the icon of QuickBooks. Select ‘Properties‘.
- Now choose the ‘Compatibility‘ tab
- If Run this program as Administrator is selected, then ‘Unselect‘ it. (If you find that the color of ‘Run this program as Administrator‘ is grey then first choose the ‘Show Settings for All Users’
- Click ‘Okay‘
- Now, restart QuickBooks which will resolve QuickBooks won’t send emails issue.
Solution 2: Recognize Error Sending invoices from QuickBooks
- From the menu bar at the top, click “Edit.”
- Select “Preferences.”
- From the panel on the left side, click “My Preferences.”
- Now you need to click “Edit.”
- Then select “Default.”
- Now make sure that your email provider server name matches “Server
- Name” field in the application.
- Change server name (smtp.mail.outlook.com) for outlook to (intuit.smtp.mail.outlook.com).
- Also, ensure that the Use Enhanced Security option is selected.
Solution3: If you have issues with your browser’s email settings, make sure the Email preferences are properly set up in your browser.
- First of all, close QuickBooks and Open ‘Internet Explorer’
- Select ‘Tools > Internet Options‘
- Now, click on ‘Programs‘ tab
- Check whether correct email program has been set as the default email program, i.e. when you send email through Outlook, then Outlook should be select and vice versa for Outlook Express.
- Now, close the ‘Internet Explorer‘
- Open QuickBooks and email the report.
Solution 4: Test and repair MAPI32.dll
It’s best to test and repair your computer yourself, but if you’re unable to do so, I.T. professionals can help.. If you need IT support to resolve this issue, you can contact us too for help (Charges May Apply).
Use Microsoft Word to test the functionality of MAPI32.dll
- Restart the computer and reopen Windows
- Open a document in Microsoft Word
- Select ‘File > send > Email as PDF document‘
- If no error occurs, contact the technical support for assistance
- If an error occurs, then contact Microsoft Help and Support to resolve issues with Outlook or Office Suite and the MAPI settings
- Once the issue is resolved, email the report.
- Repair MAPI32.dll
- Close all ‘Windows‘ and click on ‘Windows Start’
- Go to ‘Computers‘ and Go to ‘C:\Windows\System32‘
- Double-click on ‘Fixmapi.exe file‘ and follow all the instructions on the screen
- After ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ stops running, you can restart your computer.
You can fix your MAPI32.DLL file without having to reinstall your operating system.
- Firstly, Close your all programs.
- Use ‘file explorer‘ and ago to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033‘
- Rename ‘MAPI32.dll‘ to ‘MAPI32.dll.OLD‘
- Restart your computer and run ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ again
- When ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ stops, restart the computer
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks with Clean Install Tool to repair email issues in QuickBooks
- Close all the open web pages and applications after saving all unsaved works.
- Press the ‘Start‘ button and Type ‘Task Manager‘.
- After the ‘Task Manager‘ window opens, end all the QuickBooks related processes.
- Next, use clean install tool to rename all the QuickBooks application and program file.
- Restart your computer.
- Check for the folders that are not renamed and manually rename them.
- Uninstall QuickBooks accounting software and reboot the computer.
- Keep your license and Product Number handy.
- Insert installation disk into your computer’s disc drive or download an installation source copy from the internet.
- Run the installation wizard and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open QuickBooks and reactivate your software.
- Go to the ‘Help‘ menu and update your QuickBooks desktop.
- Open your QuickBooks company file and try sending the email.
Solution 6: Repair Outlook
You can repair your outlook with the help of the following article:
Repair/Re-install Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018
or perform the steps below
- Here, the user is supposed to head to the Windows in the System, and then open the Control Panel
- Once done with that click on the Programs option
- Now, click on the Programs again or click on Uninstall a program
- The user is then required to search and select the Microsoft outlook program from the list that appears on the screen
- Once done with that, click on uninstall/change option in the uninstall wizard and also select the repair tab
- Perform the steps to fix the MS Outlook program
- And then click on the finish tab
- After the process ends, try to send an email from QuickBooks to Outlook and check if the issue resolves
Solution 7: Missing Primary Interop Assembly
- This can be done by checking the directory:- C: \ Program Files (×86) \ Intuit Statement Writer 20XX XX is the version of QuickBooks software you have in your system.
- If the directory is present, then run the vstor.exe file.
- This will help in installing the assembly that is missing
Solution 8: Verifying the QuickBooks Compatibility with your Microsoft Outlook Version
cannot email invoices in quickbooks desktop,
- Under this method, the user needs to check the software version being used
- In case the user is using the updated version, then he/she needs to verify the Microsoft version compatible with the accounting software
- In case the version isn’t the same, then updating the Microsoft product is suggested
- After which the user can check whether the issue is resolved or not
Solution 9: Update the Microsoft Outlook Program
- For this, the user needs to click on the File menu
- After that go for the account option
- And then head to the Product information
- Now, choose the Update Options O Click on the Update now to start the update
- The user will get a notification when done
- And then try user should check if the issue is resolved or not by sending the emails
We hope that this troubleshooting article will help you understand and resolve the QuickBooks unable to send invoices error, but if this doesn’t work, please let us know.
Best Men’s Winter Apparel | Shearling Coats
Is a Shearling Coat Worth It?
Follow These Six Principles to Have Great Custom Vape Boxes