Orthopedic pillows are one of the most popular types of sleep aids on the market. They’re designed to help people with a variety of sleeping disorders, including GERD and neck pain. If you suffer from one of these conditions, you know how important it is to find a pillow that’s customized to your specific needs. But which orthopedic pillow is the best for you? In this article, we will discuss where to buy the best orthopedic pillow for neck pain and which features to look for. We’ll also share our favorite orthopedic pillows from around the web, so that you can make an informed decision about which product is right for you.
What Are Orthopedic Pillows And How Do They Work?
Orthopedic pillows are design to support the head and neck in a comfortable position while sleeping. They can be used to help relieve pain from headaches, neck pain, or TMJ syndrome. Orthopedic pillows are made out of a variety of materials, including memory foam, latex, and polyurethane.
Some orthopedic pillows come with straps that allow them to be custom fit to the user’s body. Others have built-in supports that help distribute pressure evenly across the head and neck. Some orthopedic pillows also have heaters or cold packs available for extra relief.
How to Choose the Right Orthopedic Pillow For Neck Pain
When it comes to choosing the right orthopedic pillow, there are a few things you need to take into account. The type of orthopedic pillow you choose will determine how well it conforms to your body and helps reduce pressure on your neck and spine. Additionally, the size of the pillow is important since it should fit comfortably in your bed without being too high or too low.
To find the best orthopedic pillow for you, here are four tips to follow:
1. Consider Your Sleep Positioning Preferences
The first thing you need to do is determine whether or not you prefer a standard pillowcase or one that has a hole in it so that your head and arms can move around more freely. Additionally, if you have neck pain, choose a pillow with a higher fill percentage (more cushioning) to help support your head and neck. If you sleep on your side, consider getting a pillow with gel memory foam so that it conforms to your shape better.
2. Consider Your Neck Pain History
If you have neck pain history, make sure to choose an orthopedic pillow that has specially designed features like CO-MOTION technology or contouring support zones specifically designed for people with neck pain. These features help reduce pressure on your spinal cord by redistributing weight evenly throughout the entire mattress instead of concentrating it mainly on one area like traditional pillows do.
3. Choose Your Preferred Firmness Level
If you’re someone who likes a very firm pillow, choose a pillow that has more support channels and fewer fillers. If you prefer a more medium-firmness pillow, look for pillows with medium support channels and lots of fillers to help create a softer, contoured feel.
4. Consider Your Budget
Last but not least, consider your budget when choosing an orthopedic pillow. While there are a variety of different types of orthopedic pillows on the market, some are more expensive than others. If you’re on a tight budget, it may be best to choose a less expensive pillow that does the same job.
How to Use an Orthopedic Pillow
The best orthopedic pillow is the one that will support your head and neck while you sleep. Follow these tips to find the right one for you:
1. Find a pillow that conforms to your head and neck
If you have a round or oval head, look for a pillow that is design specifically for those shapes. If your neck is on the narrower side, consider a narrower pillow or one with a contoured shape. Additionally, make sure the size of the pillow is proportional to your head’s circumference; if your head is larger than average, go for a bigger pillow.
2. Pay attention to the materials used in the construction of the orthopedic pillow
Look for materials like cotton and polyester, which are milder on skin and can be more comfortable over time. Avoid pillows made from synthetic fillers or foam, as they can be more difficult to adjust and may cause pressure points on your neck or head.
Buying an Orthopedic Pillow For Neck Pain
When it comes to finding the best orthopedic pillow for neck pain, there are a few things you should consider.
For starters, you’ll want to make sure that the pillow is design specifically for orthopedic use. This will ensure that it provides the support and relief that you need while sleeping. Secondly, you’ll want to consider the size of the pillow. While some people prefer a thin pillow, others prefer a thicker one. And finally, you’ll want to decide on which type of Orthopedic pillow you want: cervical, thoracic or lumbar.
Reviews of the Top Orthopedic Pillows
Looking for the best orthopedic pillow? Here are reviews of some of the top options on the market.
- The CURVE Orthopedic Memory Foam Pillow is a popular choice among orthopedic pillows due to its unique design. It is shaped like a U-shape, which helps distribute your weight evenly across your body and thus provide more support. Additionally, it features memory foam to provide extra comfort and support.
- The Euro-Cushion Orthopedic Memory Foam Pillow is another popular choice among orthopedic pillows. It features memory foam that contours to your body for enhanced support. As well as a removable cover that can be wash easily.
- The Sleep Number 360 Degree Memory Foam Orthopedic Bed Pillow is an option if you want something that conforms perfectly to your body. It features memory foam that supports your head, neck, and spine in all directions. Making it ideal for people with chronic pain or cervical spine issues.
- The Snoogle Total Body Pillow is a popular choice for people who want an orthopedic pillow that will support their entire body simultaneously. It features two chambers – one for your head and one for your torso – which help distribute your weight evenly across all areas of your body.
- The Amazon Basics Memory Foam Orthopedic Pillow is a budget-friendly option that still offers good support. It features a contoured design and is making from 100% memory foam for maximum comfort.
When you’re looking for the best orthopedic pillow, it’s important to consider a few things. For one, you’ll want to make sure that the pillow is comfortable enough to sleep on for extended periods of time. Additionally, you’ll want to think about the size and shape of your neck and head, in order to ensure that the pillow is shape correctly and will fit snugly. And finally, be sure to read reviews before making a purchase. So that you know what other customers thought about the particular orthopedic pillow that you’re interested in.